Saturday, November 22, 2014

With Colour and Light

Here are a couple more manis I was willing to photograph. I went at least two weeks without polishing. I also wore just red for a while, very beautiful. But now I'm feeling back in the groove of things, so we should be seeing more pictures in a few weeks. Today I'm gunna spend doing candy stripes. :D We can all look forward to that.

First is a glitter mani with an accent.

This is "Pretty Duckling" again. I didn't use base coat or top coat. The accent is a pretty teal cream with some iridescent micro glitters. I really loved these two colors contrasting with one another. And the glitters caught the light so nicely. I realize over and over again that my polishes are so colorful. I really love it that way, but when my friend thinks about maybe painting nails at my house I never have anything to share with her. She likes whites, pinks, nudes, grays, and anything that doesn't shout "look at me!" in the most loud colorful voice.













After wearing the red for a while I did a pretty involved manicure. I'm pretty happy about it. I made a skittles with only three polishes. It is pretty "girly" though cause it's all purple and pink, but whatever.


























Here I have Yahoo Color Club "Yahoo Purple," Revlon Parfumerie "African Tea Rose," and China Glaze "Be Merry, Be Bright." I have a few of these China Glaze metallic glitters. I like them, but not really as full manis. I used two coats on top of the colors on my ring fingers. The Revlon perfumed polishes are amazing! I wish I could let you smell the rose right after it dries. It is so pretty and will encourage me to wear more pink polish. I also got a mint polish at the same time. The mint smell lasts much longer than the rose and is very pretty as well, but I really really love the rose. I'll have to remember to show you the mint at some point. It's a neat green and glitter polish. This is the first time I've tried dots. I did the purple dots first and they did not at all want to come off the toothpick. Then when I moved to do the rose I wasn't at all prepared for how quickly it ran off the toothpick. Still it didn't turn out too bad for a first attempt. This was much fun to paint and wear. And it only took about an hour to do, so that was super great. Oh yeah, one note about the purple; her it looks pretty shiny, but I put a clear coat on top. When it dried it was actually pretty matte looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment